? DUE TO THE CURRENT PUBLIC HEATH CRISIS OF COVID-19, WE TOOK THE DECISION TO CLOSE THE SPACE UNTIL WE FEEL CONFIDENT THAT WE CAN RE-OPEN SAFELY FOR WORKERS AND VISITOR. PLEASE CHECK BACK HERE OR OUR TWITTER PAGE FOR UPDATES ?
Come and check us out:
- we sell radical books, zines, magazines, pamphlets and other printed matter on a wide variety of topics from Anarchism to Zapatistas via everything in between
- we have a massive open-access archive so you can read and research about all sorts of radical politics (both local and international).
- you can hang out and meet people in the space. Tea and coffee is free!
- find out about what’s going on with other centres, squats, struggles and campaigns
- We sell vegan chocolate and Zapatista coffee (which contribute to the financial upkeep of the place
INFOSHOP as in INFORMATION, INFORMATION AS IN INFOSHOP
You might like our archive, and our book and zine collection, if you’re interested in…
(trans)feminism, anti-colonialism, anti-globalisation, environmentalism, squatting, anti-fascism, No Borders, queer politics/organising,?anarchism, situationist ideas, autonomism, anti-civilisation, anti-capitalism, radical?pedagogy, diy, bikes, self-care, cooperatives, permaculture, consensus organising, class struggle, black radical histories and loads loads more…
You can see a list of the 1450+ archived books we have here!! But we have an estimated 50,000 other pamphlets, papers and leaflets in the archive too!
Opening Times – Weds 3-7pm, Thur 2-8pm, Fri 3-7pm, Sat 2-6pm
HOW IT ALL BEGAN: To find out more about the history of 56a click here.
WHO ELSE: To read about other groups and useful sites click here. (Not yet added!)
If you’re interested in holding a relevant event?here?(for free!), or helping out in the space, come along during opening hours or contact us.